SINGER 4411 Sewing Machine Review
When it comes to buying sewing machines, there are so many models designed to suit different needs. SINGER’s 4411 heavy-duty sewing machine may not be the perfect fit for embroidery and other decorative works. That said, however, it’s the ideal choice if you’re a high volume quilter, work with unusually heavy fabrics all the time, or just need a basic machine that sews with speed.
Designed with a high-quality plastic outer casing and all-metal internal components, the SINGER 4411 is for sewers who demand strength and power in a lightweight unit. The best part is you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get this machine since it’s available at a pocket-friendly price.
Equipped with a Powerful Motor and Fast Stitching Speed
If speed is important to you when it comes to sewing, then SINGER’s 4411 heavy duty sewing machine is well worth considering. This machine operates at 1,100 stitches per minute. That’s about 30% faster than most entry-level sewing machines, which usually average between 800 to 850 stitches per minute. Of course, with a fast sewing machine, you can complete your crafting projects in less time. However, speed is one way to create enough force for punching the needle through thick fabrics. Add this feature to the 60% stronger motor and you have yourself a true workhorse of a sewing machine.
Heavy Duty Metal and High Quality Plastic Construction
Build quality is one of the important features to consider when it comes to buying a sewing machine. Modern models made of plastic are usually light but not too durable. On the other hand, the old-school metal monstrosities keep working forever but can be on the bulky side. SINGER’s 4411 heavy-duty sewing machine offers the best of both worlds with its high quality plastic outer casing and all-metal internal components. If you tend to travel a lot to sewing classes or workshops, this machine’s built-in carry handle and 14 lbs. weight makes it light and easy enough to haul around.
Capable of Sewing 11 Stitches
The SINGER 4411 heavy-duty sewing machine only features 11 built-in stitches. While this may seem limited, it’s reasonable for a mechanical machine at this price range. Stitching options include a selection of essential, stretch, and decorative stitches. There’s also 1 automatic 4-step buttonhole stitch. Maximum dimensions for stitch width and length are 5mm and 4mm respectively. Depending on sewing preferences, both of these settings can be adjusted by rolling one of two dials mounted on the machine.
Besides sewing large garments, it’s also possible to work on hems, sleeves, and cuffs on the free arm at the base. All you have to do is detach the extension table, which can store accessories as an added bonus.
Depending on the sewing task at hand, you can use one of four presser feet that come with this machine. These include the buttonhole, general purpose, button fitting, and zipper foot.
Easy to Use Manual Controls
The SINGER 4411 has a series of knobs and dials that allow you to make various adjustments. A few important dials and levers that help with stitching include:
- The pattern selector knob – for choosing the desired stitch patterns.
- Thread tension dial – helps you adjust tightness of thread depending on the fabric being sewn.
- The reverse sewing lever – creates lock stitches to secure seams at the end.
- Buttonhole balance control dial – adjusts the left and right side for perfectly balanced button holes.
- 3 needle position dial –allows you to use guides on the presser foot and adjusts the needle position so that stitches can be placed exactly where you want them.
- Drop feed lever – lets you drop the feed dogs to work on free motion embroidery projects.
Drop-in Bobbin with See-Through Cover
Most conventional sewing machines facilitate easy threading, and the SINGER 4411 doesn’t lack in this feature. It’s equipped with an easy to thread drop-in bobbin loaded from the top. What’s more, the bobbin’s clear-view cover makes it easy to know when to load thread.
- 1 SINGER 4411 sewing machine
- 4 presser feet (which include a multipurpose, zipper, buttonhole, and button sewing foot)
- Instruction manual
- Quilting/edge guide
- 3 extra bobbins
- Seam brush/reaper
- Large screwdriver
- Felt disc for spool caps
- Soft dust cover
- A pack of 3 needles
- Power cord/foot control
SINGER’s 4411 sewing machine measures (L) 15.5” x (W) 12 x (D) 6.25” in size and only weighs 14 pounds.
- Faster than most home sewing machines (close to industrial strength).
- With the right needle, this machine’s strong motor and high sewing speed creates enough penetrating power to pierce through multiple layers of thick fabric like denim.
- Adjustable presser foot pressure capable of sewing through light to thick materials.
- Equipped with a drop-in bobbin with see through cover.
- Designed with built-in carry handle and accessory compartment.
- Easy to use manual controls.
- The SINGER 4411 has limited stitching options. It can only produce 11 stitches with one 4-step buttonhole.
- Enabled to use twin needle but it’s not included in the accessories list.
- Slightly noisy during operation.
- The machine can be dragged by large fabrics because of its lightweight construction. To avoid this, place no slip stabilizers underneath it or mount the machine to a sewing cabinet.
The general consensus amongs buyers regarding SINGER’s 4411 sewing machine is that it’s a well-built unit with decent features at its price range. For the most part, this machine’s customer ratings remain high at different online retail stores. Given the mostly positive buyer reception, SINGER’s 4411 sewing machine is arguably a high quality product.
If you’re in the market for a powerful sewing machine designed for heavy quilters or one that can plow through an immense amount of thick fabric, SINGER’s 4411 is the perfect fit. Although not a commercial grade machine, the SINGER 4411 would make a great secondary quilting machine. It would come in handy when you want to really push through a ton of piercing work without putting stress on your regular machine. With its heavy duty design, nice selection of stitches, multiple presser feet, and numerous user friendly controls, this model offers good value for the price, especially for sewers in need of a low priced yet adequately powered sewing machine.