Brother CS6000i Review
It can be hard to find a good low priced entry-level computerized sewing machine that offers loads of useful features. However, you don’t have to pay several hundred dollars for a good quality computerized sewing machine if you choose to settle for the Brother CS6000i. With a fantastic range of stitch options and more than half a dozen accessory feet, this machine isn’t a simple model that you’re going to outgrow anytime soon. It also comes with lots of handy features that will make sewing, quilting, and free motion stitching a breeze.
Pre-Loaded With Up To Five Dozen Stitches
The Brother CS6000i offers up to 60 stitches to choose from, which is quite impressive considering its price range. Users have a choice of several utility stitches for alterations, straight stitching, and garment construction, as well as a number of quilting, decorative, heirloom, and appliqué stitches. The total count also includes 7 styles of automatic buttonhole stitches.
When you select a particular stitch pattern, the machine automatically sets the maximum stitch length and width of 5mm and 7mm respectively. However, you can still make adjustments to suit your preferences.
Selecting stitches is an easy process when using the Brother CS6000i. The stitches and their respective numbers are printed on the machine so you don’t have to look at the manual every time when switching from one design to another. All you have to do is spot the desired stitch from the chart, then press the plus and minus buttons until the corresponding number shows up on the screen.
Depending on the design you choose to sew, this machine can reach speeds of up to 850 stitches per minute. As an added bonus, you can control how fast sewing takes place by simply sliding the speed control lever at the front.
Comes With an Impressive Assortment Of Presser Feet
Like most sewing machines, the Brother CS6000i works with a variety of presser feet. In total, there are 9 accessory feet. These include the:
- Zigzag foot – Alternatively called the General Purpose foot, this accessory has a leveling button at the back that helps it handle thick seams.
- Walking foot – Used for gaining better fabric control when quilting or working on thick layered fabrics like denim
- Buttonhole foot – Helps to stitch buttons in 1 step using either one of seven different preloaded styles
- Quilting foot – A spring activated presser foot designed specifically for quilting, darning or free motion embroidery
- Overcastting foot – Secures seams to prevent fraying and create a more professional finish
- Monogramming foot
- Zipper foot
- Blind stitch foot
- Button fitting foot
The presser feet on the Brother CS6000i snap easily into place instead of being screwed on like with older sewing machines. Pushing the button at the back of the foot holder releases the chosen presser foot. This simple snap on and release mechanism allows for fast foot replacement.
Designed with Free Arm and an Extension Table
Whether you’re planning to work on large or small fabrics, the Brother CS6000i will meet your needs. This is made possible by the extension table and free arm at the base of the machine. The latter feature makes up for easy sewing of hems, sleeves, cuffs, and other hard to reach areas. On the other hand, you can use the oversized table when quilting or sewing large garments that take up a lot of space.
Control Sewing Functions at the Touch of a Button
Besides the LCD display and button control stitch selection, you can also setup other functions on this sewing machine at the push of a button. For starters, the start/stop button is a great addition for those who don’t want to use the foot pedal.
You can also program the machine to stop with the needle in the up or down position by pressing the needle up/down button. In addition, the reverse button provides a simple way to create lock stitches at the beginning and end of seams. Simply hold it down while sewing straight or zigzag stitches and the feed dogs will move the fabric backward to create a reverse/lock stitch.
Easy to Use Threading System
Threading the Brother CS6000i has been simplified with a number of features. Firstly, the QuickSet top loading drop-in bobbin was designed to make the process of winding thread an easy task. Secondly, the see through bobbin cover will let you know when the thread supply is running low. Other features on the CS6000i designed for easy threading include the automatic needle threader and built in thread cutter.
- 1 x Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
- 1 x Detachable quilting table
- 1 x Hard protective cover
- 1 x Power cord
- Operating Manual
- Accessory Feet: 1 x button fitting foot, walking foot, buttonhole foot, spring enabled quilting foot, blind stitch foot, overcastting foot, zipper foot, monogramming foot, and zigzag foot each.
- Accessory pouch equipped with 3 bobbins, a set of needles, seam ripper, eyelet punch, cleaning brush, screwdriver as well as spool caps and pins.
Brother’s CS6000i measures 11.4” (H) x 6.7” (W) x 16.1” (D) and weights 13 lbs. without the packaging.
- Versatile sewing machine ideal for quilting, basic garment construction and decorative work
- Lightweight construction
- Comes with carry case
- Equipped with convenient accessory compartment
- Features easy to use press buttons, LCD screen and numbered stitch chart
- Delivered with plenty of add on accessories, including a hard cover, carry case, quilting table and more
- Threading is easy thanks to the automatic needle threader and jam resistant, top loading drop-in bobbin
- Despite the sewing machine’s many computerized functions, the tension is manual and uses a dial to make adjustments
- Does not sew intricate monograms but lowering the feed dogs will allow you to do free motion embroidery
Consumer ratings for the Brother CS600i are mostly positive on leading online retail stores. For instance, a majority of buyers at Amazon have so far given this sewing machine a solid rating after more than 5000+ reviews. While there are past purchasers who were not happy with their purchases, the fact that most buyers seem happy with this sewing machine speaks a lot about the level of value and quality you can expect.
If you’re looking for a computerized sewing machine that doesn’t cost too much, the Brother CS6000i is hands down the best deal in its price range. With this model, you’ll get flexible sewing options along with loads of features at an amazingly low price. The best part is that Brother offers a 25-year warranty on shafts and rods on the machine’s head, a 2-year warranty on the electronic control panel and 1-year warranty for parts and labor. You won’t go wrong with this sewing machine.